Banana Chip Bars
20 servings, ready in 40 minutes
Discover this easy, delicious & all-star recipe from the SPLENDA® Brand! This Banana Chip Bars brings life into your kitchen, try it now with SPLENDA® Low Calorie Sweetener, Granulated!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Mix flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
In separate bowl, beat margarine until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Add banana and SPLENDA® Granulated and beat for 1 minute. Add flour mixture; beat until well blended. Stir in chips.
Spread evenly in greased 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan. Bake at 180°C for 25 - 30 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool. Cut in bars.
Optional: Sprinkle with additional rolled oats before baking, if desired.
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- (1/4 cup) 60 ml margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- (1 cup) 250 ml mashed ripe banana
- (1/2 cup) 125 ml SPLENDA® Low Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- (1/3 cup) 75 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp salt